Stay five nights, pay for four!
With our summer green season promotion on from June 16-August 24, there is still time, and space, to book! The promotion allows guests to stay five nights, only paying for four, so we have put together a possible itinerary for these magnificent five days. With an outstanding number of things to do, this is only a sampling of all the possibilities at Arenas Del Mar and in Manuel Antonio!
- Surfing lessons – Head out first thing in the morning, and catch some serious waves all before lunchtime. Being one of the top countries in the America’s for surfing, a trip to Costa Rica is not complete without an attempt to ride the waves.
- Play and relax poolside – With two chlorine-free pools on our property (one beside Playita’s beach and the other by El Mirador restaurant), dedicating some serious time for playing in, and lounging around, the pools, is very key!
- Sunset horseback riding – Bring your first day to a close with a beautiful walk along the beach, on horseback. This is a lovely way to see the long, white sand beaches, while also enjoying the sensational Costa Rica sunset.
- Fresh local coffee – Get a fantastic start to the day with a hot cup of coffee. Grown and harvested in Costa Rica you can feel really really good about each sip.
- Damas Island Magrove – Explore this beautiful island ecosystem by kayak or motor boat. See the stunning wildlife and greenery of the mangroves, while learning about the history of the area and the contemporary issues facing its inhabitants. White faced monkeys, herons, snakes, crocodiles and iguanas are just a few of the members of the animal kingdom you’ll see on this adventure!
- Easy Being Green tour – Witness the eco-friendly inerds of our luxury lodge. Native plant nursery, hydroponic vegetable garden, compost area, energy saving processes, water and waste management and conservation are just a bunch of the things we do to reduce our impact on the precious environment that surrounds us.
- Check out the Tiendita – In spanish this means little shop, and this on-site little shop is dedicated to promoting and showcasing the works of local designers. Often utilizing recycled materials, these creations are one-of-a-kind and beautifully crafted.
- Manuel Antonio National Park – This tour is a must. The park is one of the best in Costa Rica and all of the Americas, and with numerous trails taking you through the rainforest and onto pristine white sand beaches, what you see will be unforgettable. Tropical butterflies, birds, monkeys, snakes, iguanas, sloths, orchids and more bring the park to life. Take the tour privately or in a group, and tailor it to suit your abilities and interests.
- Tortilla making class – Tortillas are a staple in the Costa Rican diet, and learning to make these simple and versatile breads is a wonderful way to learn about the local culture, and bring something home with you that is lasting and intangible.
- Hanging bridges and waterfalls tour – Anyone interested in nature or hiking must do this tour. It is a beautiful and unique way to see the flora and fawna of the lively rainforest. With a plethora of species, observing the wildlife is a highlight, but so is the dip you get to take in one of the waterfalls at the end!
- Treatment at Las Brisas Spa – Massages, facials, wraps, scrubs, pedicures and manicures all available at our onsite spa. This is the perfect way to end a day, and with our final booking available for 7:00 you can wind-down from an adventuresome day with this luxury.
- Eat at El Mirador Restaurant – Our onsite restaurant is a fabulous and convenient option. With a full menu, always being added to and revamped, you won’t get bored! Open air and fitted with a few to astonish any guest, enjoy complementary breakfasts here, as well as freshly caught fish for dinner!
- Spices, garden and flavors tour – Experience the sights, tastes and aromas of tropical spices, essential oil plants, sustainable farming practices, spice drying and packaging. From vanilla, cinnamon and cocoa to black pepper, allspice and a variety of exotic fruits, essential oils and medicinal plants, you will seriously expand your knowledge and understanding of spices.
- Cocktail at El Mirador – On your last day, if you haven’t done this already, this is a must. Our onsite bar El Mirador throws together any tropical cocktail you desire, all with fresh and local ingredients.
- Night walk – this is an awesome way to complete your five day trip at Arenas Del Mar. Explore the rainforest at night with the help of our experienced tour guides. While we’re sleeping the rainforest astoundingly active with all types of nocturnal creatures, and this is the perfect way to witness that!
Well, we hope that got you excited for the trip to Arenas Del Mar you’re going to book!